Join us to do the best work of your life.
At frog we are united by our shared passion for outcomes that transform the human experience. We accomplish these outcomes by taking on complex challenges, big asks, and things that have never been done before. We look beyond point solutions and apply design to the creation of new strategies, systems, and—in some cases—entirely new businesses.
Our work is transformational because our people are extraordinary. frogs are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical. We look for hybrid talents and build teams around divergent expertise, which allows us to solve problems and uncover opportunities in unique ways. frogs are some of the best talent in the world, and together we advance the human experience through design.
The Position: Associate Technology Director
The Associate Technology Director is a highly matrixed leadership position within the studio's technology team. He/she is responsible for leading enterprise and consumer web portal and application development projects and defining/documenting best practices for research, solution architecture, development and quality assurance as well as for the day-to-day operations, utilization rates, and personnel management of a diverse team of local, distributed, and/or contracted Technical Architects, Technologists, QA Engineers, and Technology Solution Managers. A Technology Director also works in conjunction with the Business Development team to define and evolve new service offerings, close new business relationships with clients, and actively participates in business development efforts such as proposals, pre-sales meetings, project estimation/scoping activities, and resource allocation.
- Lead enterprise and consumer web portal and application development projects
- Define and document best practices and case studies for research, solution architecture, development and quality assurance
- Provide day-to-day management of a studio's technology team
- Work proactively with a studio's management team to address their team's utilization, work-life balance, and career development
- Define and evolve new service offerings related to the studio’s technical expertise and capabilities
- Develop and close new business relationships with clients in conjunction with the Business Development team
- Serve as the primary technical point of contact for business development efforts such as proposals, pre-sales meetings, project estimation/scoping activities, and resource allocation
- Build long-term relationships with clients and industry leaders
- Make hiring decisions for a studio's technology team
- Maintain a 75% billable utilization rate
- Travel 20-40%
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following competencies:
- 8+ years of professional experience managing and nurturing technology teams
- Proven record of successfully leading projects through an entire production deployment release and operations lifecycle
- Expertise in preparing and delivering proposals and presentations to all levels of a client's organization (including executives)
- Experience with project management and a variety of software development methodologies
- Proven ability to work and communicate with multidisciplinary distributed teams (including designers, developers, architects, QA engineers, and executives)
- Enthusiasm to define and document best practices and contribute to knowledge sharing efforts
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in the sciences, engineering, or a creative discipline is required (a master's degree and/or project management certification is preferred)
To be considered, candidates must have enterprise and consumer web portal and application platform and systems experience in the following technology and service offering domains:
- Web technology strategies, best practices, and emerging trends and standards in relation to rich media delivery, cloud services, SOA, multiple device convergence, e-commerce, enterprise applications, and related
- Web 2.0 and RIA presentation and integration layer frameworks and tools (including AJAX, ASP.NET, J2EE, Adobe Flex/Flash, PHP, Ruby on Rails, and others)
- Content and e-commerce data services aspects including CMS, CDN, aggregation/mash-ups, billing and ordering transactions, CRM, RDBMS, UGC, and social networking integration
- Analytics, personalization, and content optimization aspects including SEO, globalization/localization, metrics, recommendation engines, and reporting
- Solution architecture, security, and operational aspects including communication protocols/APIs, directory services, SSO, rights management, and hardware/software/networking infrastructure requirements, and deployment methodologies
- Software development lifecycle aspects including requirements generation, feasibility assessments, rapid prototyping, platform and vendor selection criteria, task and deliverable estimation, planning, and execution, QA and testing processes, and build/release/risk management
- Local and distributed team identification and coordination aspects including third-party vendor management and off-shore/near-shore collaboration and optimization