frog by Altran
Design Implementation Services.
At frog we are united by our shared passion for outcomes that transform the human experience. We accomplish these outcomes by taking on complex challenges, big asks, and things that have never been done before. We look beyond point solutions and apply design to the creation of new strategies, systems, and—in some cases—entirely new businesses.
We know that takes all types of people. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences creates a stronger frog. Our work is transformational because our people are extraordinary. frogs are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical. We look for hybrid talents and build teams around divergent expertise, which allows us to solve problems and uncover opportunities in unique ways. Together, frogs advance the human experience through design.
The Position: Senior Design Technologist (Amsterdam)
We are looking for a Senior Design technologist specialised in front-end development. Your role is part strategic and part pragmatist while being a hands-on consultant, producer, and organiser of technical insights, experiments, proof of concepts, and models as part of the successful delivery of innovative solutions. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an attitude for team collaboration and open communication. You are familiar with the mindset of build and test. Fail fast. Iterate. Helping user experiences grow step by step. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative experimentation to a design engagement in a high-pace environment. You are a team leader with a good understanding of technology trends, architectures and tool and has the drive to build and develop this competence further.
You will be responsible for:
- Drive platform research and experimentation, concept exploration, prototyping, and ideation within the creative process for designing user experiences in software and services delivered through modern web technologies
- Lead (A/B testing) efforts to identify and analyse current and future UX technology patterns and trends
- Perform in-depth investigation and experimentation with emerging platforms and frameworks
- Identify new opportunities and business value for UX innovation and differentiation with technology enablers
- Collaborate closely with the creative organization to express design assets and artefacts in the form of user experience simulations, interactive prototypes, technical proof-of-concepts, and production quality web UI/presentation layer components and templates as reference material for design validation and the software engineering process
- Provide relevant subject matter expertise across domains in the form of UI/presentation layer software architecture recommendations, best practices, and design integration support to help ensure the intended user experience is successfully realised in delivery and deployment
We would love it if you had:
- 5+ years of experience building digital solutions (components, platforms, design systems)
- Team lead with:
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Developed soft skills, entrepreneurial; organised, can-do attitude
- Strong stakeholder management from the business, IT, Design
- Agile/scrum way of working: analytics, A/B and multi-variate testing, etc.
- Expert level of core front-end web technologies:
- Web Standards (HTML5, CSS3 [transitions, animations, behaviours])
- CSS Compilation (LESS, SASS, Stylus)
- Developing Sketch plugins
- Solid proficiency with:
- Design language systems
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable front-end code
- Experience with design tools such as Sketch and Adobe programs (etc)
- Proven experience with:
- Software engineering principles, frameworks and technologies
- A good eye for design details and comfortable taking design decision on the go
- Empathy for the end user