Join us to do the best work of your life.
At frog we are united by our shared passion for outcomes that transform the human experience. We accomplish these outcomes by taking on complex challenges, big asks, and things that have never been done before. We look beyond point solutions and apply design to the creation of new strategies, systems, and—in some cases—entirely new businesses. We know that takes all types of people. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences creates a stronger frog.
Our work is transformational because our people are extraordinary. frogs are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical. We look for hybrid talents and build teams around divergent expertise, which allows us to solve problems and uncover opportunities in unique ways. frogs are some of the best talent in the world, and together we advance the human experience through design.
The Position: Associate Design Director
The ADD provides leadership, management, and support for the creative team and is directly responsible with the other discipline leads for the studio’s performance and growth. The ADD sets the example for creative excellence by both doing and leading.
- Effectively leads industry-changing experience design in digital and physical environments
- Represents the creative discipline and craft inside the program(s) they are leading
- Empathetically and enthusiastically guides the team in the overall direction, style, and methodology behind the work
- Understands best-in-class design and inspires it through the work they do
- Able to collaboratively build upon the vision and ideas of others to create something bigger
- Constantly pushes the team and themselves to explore new possibilities and experiment
- Provides day-to-day ownership of the work and relationship with our clients
- Actively participates in new business pursuits, proposal development, and project initiation
- Thrives on bringing our client partners into the design process and vision creation
- Remains a “cool” thinker in “hot situations”
- Leads by example
- Pushes the quality of the work and craft forward constantly
- Provides the positive mentorship and guidance of others
- Takes an empathetic view of team, customers and clients
- Helps develop the culture and mindset of the team to ensure they are healthy, happy, inventive, curious, and open
Someone who wants to influence your own development. Is excited about organizing chaos or ambiguous design challenges. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex design challenges and create differentiating experiences
- At least 2 years of experience managing a design team
- At least 7 years professional design experience
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Proven ability to mentor and develop skills in junior digital designers
- Strong knowledge of design process and project management
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups at all levels of a client organization
- Ability to negotiate and coordinate across multiple groups and disciplines
Qualified candidates must present an online portfolio that:
- Demonstrates a passion for digital product development
- Exhibits stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and balances beauty, innovation and usability
- Shows experience with diverse content and subject matter
- Proves their facility in translating high level ideas into unique visual styles and directions, and breaking those down to elemental level
- One thing to be aware of: frog is a design consultancy, not an advertising agency. As a result, we don’t really do any campaign work. While we love seeing portfolios that are flush with dynamic campaign-based samples, we really look for product or software-based samples to be the core of your portfolio
Please note: frog is an international work environment, with global clients. As such, fluency in English is an absolute must. Please submit an English CV.