Join us to do the best work of your life.
At frog we are united by our shared passion for outcomes that transform the human experience. We accomplish these outcomes by taking on complex challenges, big asks, and things that have never been done before. We look beyond point solutions and apply design to the creation of new strategies, systems, and—in some cases—entirely new businesses.
Our work is transformational because our people are extraordinary. frogs are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical. We look for hybrid talents and build teams around divergent expertise, which allows us to solve problems and uncover opportunities in unique ways. frogs are some of the best talent in the world, and together we advance the human experience through design.
The Position: Senior Visual Designer -Shanghai
Senior Visual Designers at frog lead the team to create complex interactive experiences for applications, software, and web interfaces. The Senior Visual Designer is responsible for leading digital media projects, understanding a client’s business and communication goals, and translating them into unique creative solutions. This person takes an active, hands-on role in leading ideation with team members, providing art direction to other designers, and working with Program Managers and Design Technologists to implement designs into technology frameworks. This important role requires broad knowledge and advanced skills in visual design, user experience, user interface, and a solid understanding of available client-side technologies.
Qualified candidates will share our belief that design is as much about behavior and emotion as it is about utility and ease of use. Senior Visual Designers are responsible for the development of innovative navigation systems, interface designs, typography, and screen layouts for software, application, web sites, and other interactive media. They will push the state-of-the-art with every creation and thrive in our fast-paced studio.
- Collaborate with the various disciplines within frog (interaction designers, design researchers, product designers, technologists, strategists)
- Work with the Creative Director to ensure your design work exceeds client expectations
- Ideate unique design visions and beautiful visual languages, and lead their execution across a broad range of digital and physical artefacts
- Lead projects into original and unexpected creative solutions, collaborating with strategists, product designers, interaction designers, technologists and researchers to challenge the state-of-art and create the most compelling and successful product possible
- Collaborate with the client and present your ideas to top-level stakeholders
- Manage the quality of design throughout all phases of a project
- Work on a huge variety of projects across a rich spectrum of market sectors and geographies
- Lead the creation of design guidelines and digital brand manuals
- Define project storytelling opportunities and direct designers, video makers, photographers, illustrators to deliver unique project narratives
- Work closely with technologists to ensure the feasibility of your visual concepts and the fidelity of the final output
- Embrace challenges and inspire new ways of thinking
- Work in an international environment and travel often to engage with clients or frog teams spread across the globe
- Mentor and manage junior designers
Someone who wants to influence their own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following competencies:
- 7+ years of experience in designing visual language systems for digital products and services
- Wildly creative and obsessively meticulous
- A keen understanding of user behavior as it relates to design
- Exceptional design talents with stylistic breadth that demonstrates sensitivity to diverse subject matter- from product interaction to software tools and applications to the web
- Superb information design abilities, fastidious and efficient production and optimization habits, and impeccable problem solving skills
- Jedi skills with relevant design software packages
- Solid understanding of practical benefits and limitations of internet technologies
- Intimate knowledge of how comps translate to code
- Self-motivation, excellent communication, an open mind, the ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams, and the skills to balance great design with short deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and client management skills
- A love of collaboration and learning
- A fearless and positive attitude
- Bilingual in both Chinese and English
Qualified candidates must present an online portfolio that:
- Demonstrates a passion for digital product development
- Exhibits stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and balances beauty, innovation and usability
- Shows experience with diverse content and subject matter
- Proves facility in translating high level ideas into unique visual styles and directions, breaking those down to elemental level