Why join frog?
Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience through design, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table. We draw on our global reach and local knowledge to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and move markets. frogs prize humour, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at frog means being empowered to Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
The Position: Senior Software Architect
As part of the frog’s Technology team, you will get the opportunity to “make it real” and participate in the creation of digital and physical products for the world’s major brands as well as innovative startups, working across a broad variety of industries, technologies and geographies.
As Senior Software Architect, you will:
- Serve as a primary technical contact for client and third-party technical leads and domain experts during project discovery, design, and implementation phases while assisting the project leadership team in the management of client expectations regarding technology activities during the engagement
- Provide hands-on guidance to software engineers ensuring development is in compliance with the technical architecture and client needs
- Clearly communicate a point-of-view regarding proposed technical approaches and helps clients understand trade-offs or alternatives to architecture and design decisions
- Facilitate technology workshops with client teams and designers to help understand feasibility of proposed user experiences
- Write client-facing technical presentations, architecture and detailed software design documentation
- Conduct technology vendor assessments of potential tools, technologies and software platforms
- Participate in project scoping and estimation tasks and support pre-sales activities
- Establish and build web and/or mobile application architecture for new client systems based on best practices in the industry
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You bring to the organisation the following competencies:
- 5+ years of professional application or solution architecture experience for the design, development, and delivery of software applications and services with rich UI/presentation layers across a variety of technology platforms and frameworks in the embedded, mobile, desktop, web, and/or cloud spaces.
- Depth of technical skills and expertise in programming methodologies and practices, application platforms and frameworks, service orientation, technology standards and specifications, and technical modelling of systems and services in one or more domains relevant to current and/or future frog services
- 5+ years of experience as development team lead delivering highly available, highly scalable web and/or mobile application through the entire SDLC from concept to production
- An understanding of the full technology stack from front-end to back-end
- Expertise in architecting and deploying cloud-native, highly scalable and highly available applications
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Test-Driven Development
- A strong understanding of Agile, SCRUM, Lean and Waterfall methodologies
- Good written and verbal communication to conduct technical meetings and deliver presentations to clients
- Fluency in oral and written English (at least level B1) is required
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working from every corner of the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.