Why join frog?
Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience through design, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table. We draw on our global reach and local knowledge to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and move markets. frogs prize humour, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at frog means being empowered to Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
What will you be doing?
The Software Architect position sits within frog’s Design Technology team and acts as a hands-on consultant, producer, and organiser of both upfront technical insights and accountable implementation guidance. This person provides full stack system-level technology recommendations, oversight and guidance on design and technical architecture that leverages industry best practices and trends wherever appropriate.
The Software Architect works throughout engagements both within the engineering teams directly and across disciplines including business development, creative/design, strategy, and program management at a project leadership level. You craft application-level and/or solution-level software architecture plans and specifications including modeling of system services and interfaces, platform integration strategies and user experience realisation approaches across one or more areas of domain expertise.
The Software Architect leads the analysis and deconstruction of use cases and requirements into an inventory of conceptual and logical software components that address both functional and non-functional requirements and goals. You provide relevant subject matter expertise and tactical research leading to recommendations and appropriate platforms, tools, patterns and best practices for engineering the software solution. You sometimes conduct technology vendor assessments in helping clients choose the correct technologies, platforms and tools for helping bringing the solution to life.
Furthermore, the Software Architect contributes to prototype and production code development in both front-end and back-end systems as needed in project engagements cross mobile, web, and embedded systems. You will:
- Serve as a primary technical contact for client and third-party technical leads and domain experts during project discovery, design, and implementation phases while assisting the project leadership team in the management of client expectations regarding technology activities during the engagement
- Clearly communicate a point-of-view regarding proposed technical approaches and helps clients understand trade-offs or alternatives to architecture and design decisions
- Work closely with the frog creative teams and our client teams to perform technology feasibility assessments of proposed user experiences
- Facilitate technology workshops with client teams and designers to help understand feasibility of proposed user experiences
- Perform gap analysis between client’s current architecture(s) and proposed design concepts, identifying challenges and opportunities
- Write client-facing technical presentations, architecture and detailed software design documentation
- Conduct technology vendor assessments of potential tools, technologies and software platforms
- Participate in project scoping and estimation tasks
- Act as a member of the Design Team to understand and translate user experience designs into requirements and new architecture possibilities
- Work closely with development teams and provides guidance ensuring development is in compliance with the technical architecture or direction
- Establish and build web and/or mobile application architecture for new client systems based on best practices in the industry
- Conduct code reviews, build prototypes and write production code to support the development effort when appropriate
- Support our clients during both pre- and post-launch periods.
- Travel as required to other frog studios and client locations, ranging from 20% to 40% at times
We want you to have:
- 5+ years of professional application or solution architecture experience for the design, development, and delivery of software applications and services with rich UI/presentation layers across a variety of technology platforms and frameworks in the embedded, mobile, desktop, web, and/or cloud spaces
- Depth of technical skills and expertise in programming methodologies and practices, application platforms and frameworks, service orientation, technology standards and specifications, and technical modelling of systems and services in one or more domains relevant to current and/or future frog services
- Demonstrated ability to lead software systems design, provide appropriate team support and maintenance of artefacts throughout the software engineering lifecycle, and collaborate with software engineers, design technologists and creative leaders on common user experience goals expressed through software realisation
- 5+ years of experience as development team lead delivering highly available, highly scalable web and/or mobile application through the entire SDLC from concept to production
- A strong understanding of the full technology application stack
- Expertise in architecting and deploying cloud-native, highly scalable and highly available applications
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Test-Driven Development
- A strong understanding of Agile, SCRUM, Lean and Waterfall methodologies
- Capable of creating high-level estimates based on limited requirements/hero flows
- Master at generating technical architecture design deliverables for both internal and external consumption
- Good written and verbal communication to conduct technical meetings and deliver presentations to clients
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in computer science, computer engineering or related discipline
- Fluency in oral and written English (at least level B2) is required
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working from every corner of the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.