Why join frog?
Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience through design, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table. We draw on our global reach and local knowledge to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and move markets. frogs prize humour, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at frog means being empowered to Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
What will you be doing?
As Associate Technology Director, Software Architecture you are primarily responsible for concrete system design and overall structure of software to be engineered and realised for delivery. Your work is a balanced mix of broad strategic thinking on technology trends and concepts, deep subject matter expertise in one or more verticals for both proactive R&D and tactical problem solving, and practical leadership experience in various phases of the software development and delivery lifecycle. You will:
- Lead application and/or solution architecture definition on software design and engineering engagements
- Lead technical requirements gathering, use-case discovery, and gap analysis efforts on relevant platforms and frameworks to drive strategic architecture and user experience recommendations
- Participate in proposal generation, project planning, feature scoping, level of effort estimation, and delivery methodology tasks in both the business development and initial client engagement phases
- Develop and maintain technical requirements specifications and software architecture documentation and diagrams throughout the engagement
- Provide proactive thought leadership, domain expertise, and strategic problem solving to the project team throughout the design and development lifecycle
- Serve as a primary technical contact for client and third-party technical leads and domain experts during project discovery, design, and implementation phases while assisting the project leadership team in the management of client expectations regarding technology activities during the engagement
- Assist in the definition and evolution of new service offerings related to technical expertise and capabilities of the local studio
- Evangelise and promote technology innovation opportunities across creative, strategy, and program management disciplines
- Establish and build web and/or mobile application architecture for new client systems based on best practices in the industry
- Conduct code reviews, build prototypes and write production code to support the development effort when appropriate
- Travel is required in this position to our other frog studios and client locations, ranging from 20% to 40% at times
We want you to have:
- 8+ years of experience as development team lead architecting and delivering applications with rich UI/presentation layers across a variety of technology platforms and frameworks through the entire SDLC from concept to production in the mobile, web, and/or cloud spaces.
- Depth of technical skills and expertise in programming methodologies and practices, application platforms and frameworks, service orientation, technology standards and specifications, and technical modelling of systems and services in one or more domains relevant to current and/or future frog services
- Demonstrated ability to lead software systems design, provide appropriate team support and maintenance of artefacts throughout the software engineering lifecycle, and collaborate with software engineers, design technologists and creative leaders on common user experience goals expressed through software realisation
- Experience in pre-sales activities, including program scoping, planning and resourcing, proposal preparation and pitching, and ability to create high-level estimates based on limited requirements/hero flows
- Experience in leading agile development of full-stack applications and setting data, security, and accessibility best practices
- Strong hands-on expertise in architecting, documenting and deploying cloud-native, highly scalable and highly available applications (microservices, containers, AWS or Azure)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Test-Driven Development
- Good written and verbal communication to conduct technical meetings and deliver presentations to clients
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in computer science, computer engineering or related discipline is required
- Fluency in oral and written English (at least level B2) is required
- Provide your resume
- We’d love to see your work! Include links to any public git repos, open source contributions, or apps/websites you’d like to share
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working from every corner of the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.