Why join frog?
Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience through design, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table. We draw on our global reach and local knowledge to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and move markets. frogs prize humour, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at frog means being empowered to Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
What will you be doing?
Service Designers are responsible for the design of systems made of people, digital, and physical touchpoints. They orchestrate value exchanges among them in ways that make the system sustainable for both the users and providers.
As a Senior Service Designer, you are expected to represent depth in the craft of service design: as an individual contributor, as a mentor and guide for more junior colleagues, and as a contributor to the global community of practice. You will often be the backbone of your projects from beginning to end. You will plan, prioritise, and deliver service design activities autonomously, in the context of interdisciplinary projects. You will lead client conversations within your domain, providing articulate recommendations and helping guide client choices. You will have opportunities to lead small teams on projects and contribute to business development through proposal-writing and pitches.
Your fellow frogs will rely on you to:
- Drive the design of systemic interventions in complex, multi-partner ecosystems
- Champion visual frameworks – like journey maps, service blueprints, ecosystem maps – that help bring clarity to complex challenges in human behaviours, relationships, workflow and processes, and drive decision making
- Drive contribution and alignment from multiple stakeholders, whether clients, third-party or larger ecosystem player
- Utilise experience prototyping techniques like desktop walkthrough and role playing that help test and validate service components and to convey value propositions
- Advocate service providers as much as service users
On a typical project you will:
- Map existing service ecosystems and service delivery processes
- Plan, conduct, and synthesise research with existing/potential service users and existing/potential service providers (front and back-end)
- Identify frameworks best suited to project needs and emerging insights along the service delivery, for front and back-office processes (e.g., customer journeys, service blueprints, ecosystem maps) that include metrics to help monitor service performance through time
- Orchestrate and lead co-creation workshops with clients, partners, and customers to drive the analysis of current services and the design of improved/new services
- Frame and consolidate service value propositions for service users and service providers
- Orchestrate service test sessions using prototyping tools and techniques (digital/physical mock-ups of touchpoints, service scripts, pilot protocols etc.) with users and providers to validate service components and define detailed service requirements
- Support client organisations in the implementation of new services, co-organising employee trainings using service playbooks and simulations of detailed service processes
We want you to have:
- 5+ years of professional service design experience (although you might had a different job title, like “strategic designer” or “business designer”)
- Highly developed design skills, demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work
- Confident presentation and storytelling abilities
- Experience collaborating in multifunctional teams as the service design lead
- Proficiency with contemporary design and prototyping tools and methods
- Affinity with frog’s values, and a passion for creating services that meet peoples functional and emotional needs
- Business level ability in English
It would be a bonus if you had:
- A university degree in Service Design or a related design or business discipline
- Experience working in a variety of organisations (start-up, corporate, agency/consultancy)
- Academic, professional, or life experience from outside the design field that enriches your perspective as a designer
- As part of your application, please include a link or PDF of your portfolio of recent work, highlighting your abilities and experience relevant to the role, with specific examples of how you work, think, collaborate, and contribute to great design outcomes. Please note that we are unable to accept any applications without a portfolio.
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working from every corner of the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.