Why join frog?
Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience through design, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table. We draw on our global reach and local knowledge to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and move markets. frogs prize humour, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at frog means being empowered to Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
What will you be doing?
Visual Designers are responsible for the design and orchestration of visual elements in a systemic composition. The discipline combines design for interaction (UI/UX, design systems and digital products) and design for communication (brand, print, and visual storytelling). Visual designers balance spirit and rationality; brand and product; functional clarity and emotional impact.
As a Visual Designer II, you will sometimes be the only visual design specialist on a program. You are expected to plan, prioritise, and deliver visual design activities autonomously, in the context of interdisciplinary projects. You will lead client conversations within your domain, providing articulate recommendations and helping guide client choices.
Your fellow frogs will rely on you to:
- Translate brand principles, themes, and moods into strategic frameworks for visual expressions
- Create scalable design language systems for typography, colour, components, and layouts
- Craft user interfaces for digital consumer and enterprise products
- Design brand identities and brand collateral
- Build wayfinding and pictographical systems
- Create multi-media narratives that tell engaging stories of a team, project, or deliverable, with the audience and communication objective in mind
On a typical project you will:
- Evolve brand expression; by building on either existing direction, or creating one from scratch
- Create expressions for mood, tone, look/feel to help clients position their product, brand, or service
- Harmonise utilitarian needs of the user (accessibility, usability, navigation, key features) with more emotional values of design to create unique and distinguished brand equity for the client
- Drive collaboration with marketing, brand, strategy, and editorial teams to align from the design purpose to the execution roadmap
- Collaboratively create digital product concepts that push the bar for quality and excellence in a given field/industry
- Craft a foundation for Design System; typography, iconography, colour, grid, and design components
- Frame a vision for art direction, photography, and illustration to reinforce product/service vision
- Craft brand identities and brand collateral
- Support the team with guidance for visual expression
- Create multi-media artefacts which tell the story of the work in an impactful way
We want you to have:
- 2+ years of professional visual design experience (although you might have had a different job title, like “UI designer” or “art director”)
- Highly developed design skills, demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work
- Experience with creating data visualizations and/or infographics
- Confident presentation and storytelling abilities
- Experience collaborating in multifunctional teams
- Proficiency with contemporary design and prototyping tools and methods
- Affinity with frog’s values, and a passion for creating products that meet peoples functional and emotional needs
- Business level ability in English
It would be a bonus if you had:
- A university degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or a related design or artistic discipline
- Experience working in a variety of organisations (start-up, corporate, agency/consultancy)
- Academic, professional, or life experience from outside the design field that enriches your perspective as a designer
- As part of your application, please include a link or PDF of your portfolio of recent work, highlighting your abilities and experience relevant to the role, with specific examples of how you work, think, collaborate, and contribute to great design outcomes. Please note that we are unable to accept any applications without a portfolio.
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working from every corner of the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.