Why join frog?
Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience through design, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table. We draw on our global reach and local knowledge to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and move markets. frogs prize humour, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at frog means being empowered to Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
What will you be doing?
Executive Directors are responsible for leading the studio design discipline, growing frog’s business and reputation by helping win a disproportionate share of the programs that matter, becoming trusted advisors to C-level clients, and by serving as the executive sponsor for multiple frog program and account teams. You will be responsible for the culture and quality of the design discipline in a studio or area of practice.
Account & Strategic Program Leadership: You will have primary accountability for key accounts and strategic programs as an Executive Sponsor. You will build relationships with clients, seek strategic opportunities to strengthen relationships and grow frog’s business:
- Executive sponsorship for multiple program and account teams to achieve the highest level of performance without compromising timelines and team harmony
- Ensure craft quality standards are established for qualitative foundational & evaluative research, insight articulation, experience models (e.g., customer journeys, behavioural archetypes, service blueprints, etc.), design and testing with a deep understanding of the client’s goals, business requirements and constraints
Design Leadership & Management (Studio Discipline Lead): You will lead the design discipline leadership in your studio and will be responsible for the culture and quality of the design discipline through the acquisition, development and mentorship of a world class and diverse creative team. You will nurture a positive, creative, and inclusive atmosphere that encourages collaboration, boldness, and constructive and respectful feedback. Specifically:
- You will be responsible for managing and developing your direct reports, providing guidance and support for their growth, as well mentoring and supporting junior colleagues on the projects you lead through specific and actionable feedback
- You will be responsible for the development and career growth of the design team in collaboration with the studio GM and HR Business Partner
- You will be responsible for talent acquisition strategy & planning in collaboration with the studio GM and TA Business Partner
- You will lead business development efforts with our BD Team and fellow discipline leaders - crafting approaches, writing proposals, and presenting to prospective clients
- You will ensure that the projects you lead continue beyond their initial scopes, and identify additional opportunities within the client’s organisation
- You will create content for frog’s demand generation activities and establish yourself as a thought leader within frog and the design community
We want you to have:
- 10+ years of professional human centered design ‘thinking & doing’ consulting experience with specific experience leading and managing a design team
- An outstanding track record of design leadership for experience strategies, design systems, products, services, and customer experiences that delight customers/users and achieve business results
- Strong consulting and storytelling skills
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills, proven through your experience as a thought partner to clients, and a leader of design teams
- An outstanding record as a developer and mentor of talent
- Affinity with frog’s values, and a passion for creating products that meet peoples functional and emotional needs
- Business level ability in English
It would be a bonus if you had:
- A university degree in a relevant design, business, technology, or social science discipline
- Experience working in a variety of organisations (start-up, corporate, agency/consultancy)
- Academic, professional, or life experience from outside the design field that enriches your perspective as a designer
- Published thought leadership, with a track record of presenting and teaching in public forums and a social media presence
- A second language (and every additional language is a plus!)
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working across the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.