Why join frog?
Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience through design, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table. We draw on our global reach and local knowledge to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and move markets. frogs prize humour, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at frog means being empowered to Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
The Position: UX / Interaction Designer II (UX/UI)
As an Interaction Designer, you strive to ship experiences that inspire and exceed the expectations of the 'end-user'. Your work wins the hearts and minds of customers and stakeholders, because you care about micro- and macro-interactions alike. Your open and can-do mindset never grows tired in getting to the bottom of user intends and business requirements. Your knowledge of industry standards and heuristics allows you to deliver qualitative and scalable solutions from websites, software applications, to digital devices.
You are responsible for:
As an Interaction Designer, you DRIVE interaction design activities for existing or new propositions within our full portfolio, through:
- Design, prototype and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, usability testing, task analysis, data analysis, and other forms of requirements discovery
- Capture user requirements through specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, principles and design specifications
- Effectively communicate experience frameworks, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Work closely with development teams to understand their capabilities clearly and to ensure that design specifications are implemented correctly
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and design strategists, and hardware and software developers
- Apply working knowledge of existing interface or usability standards, and development technologies including various screen-based platforms (e.g. web-based enterprise software development, web sites, mobile OS etc.)
- Create user focused strategies, innovations, solutions and experiences and the user testing and validation of these, considering usability, sustainability and appropriate visual and verbal articulation in line with Design Language System and Brand guidelines
- Drive operational excellence and efficiency, delivering appropriate design quality within budget and project parameters
- Customer focus and Design consultancy, collaborating, partnering and co creating with internal and external stakeholders, with clear and impactful communication and articulation of design decision making
- Able to drive solution creation within a cross-competence project team, thinking holistically in eco-systems
- Works together with or consulting business stakeholders, actively manages relationships and challenges the status quo to drive innovation and step-up for the user
We would love it if you had:
- Bachelor degree level in digital design or a related discipline or equivalent professional design training or experience.
- 2-4 years experience of working on complex and large scale projects within multi-function teams
- Fluent in a wide range of design processes, methodology and deliverables
- Practical understanding of capabilities and limitations of digital technologies and how to design for platforms and with design systems, such as apps, websites and mini-programs. Experience in e-commerce or IoT projects will be a plus.
- Nice visual skills and digital communication design capability is a plus
- Capable to work in agile way, adaptive to deliver fast prototype and iteration with intense timeline.
- Advanced communication and organizational skills, comfortable in taking ownership, and able to work both on a team and independently as a hands-on individual contributor
- Expert in industry standard design and prototyping tools such as AdobeCC, Sketch, InVision, Flinto, or Framer.
- A positive and self-motivated attitude paired with fastidious and efficient production and optimization habits
Qualified candidates must present an online portfolio that:
- Demonstrates a passion for digital product development
- Exhibits stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and balances beauty, innovation and usability
- Shows experience with diverse content and subject matter
- Proves their facility in translating high level ideas into unique visual styles and directions, and breaking those down to elemental level
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working across the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.